After growing up abroad, brainy teen Cady Heron moves to Chicago and haphazardly joins her new high school's most powerful clique. But there's hell to pay when the ex-boyfriend of the clique's menacing leader shows interest in being Cady's guy.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mark S. Waters
- This movie is
PG-13Sexual content, language and some teen partying
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; deleted scenes; director's commentary; featurettes.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know this movie has some mature material for a PG-13, including crude humor, sexual references, underage drinking, and comic violence. There is a prank involving a pregnancy test. Cady allows her home to be taken over by partying teens, gets drunk, and throws up. A child watches "Girls Gone Wild" and imitates it. A girl refers to herself as "half a virgin" and there is a joke about girl-girl kissing. A strength of the movie is its positive portrayal of diverse characters, including disabled, gay, and minority students.
- Sexual Content
- Crude humor and sexual references.
- Comic violence, including injuries.
- Language includes "ass," "crap," "hell," "oh my God," "boob," "damn," "son of a bitch," and implied use of "f--k" ("f-ing," "mother--").
- Social Behavior
- Ultimately the message is that popularity isn't everything and that girls need to support each other, not tear each other down.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Underage drinking (with vomiting as a consequence).
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it