Boorish business tycoon Harry Brock (Broderick Crawford) fears that ditsy fiancée Billie Dawn (Judy Holliday) will prove an embarrassment in the presence of politicos he wants to influence, so he hires a reporter (William Holden) to tutor the ostensibly brainless blonde in the political and social graces. Brock gets more than he bargained for, however, when the journalist transforms Billie into the backroom dealmaker's most formidable foe.
Rent DVDs for only $7.99 a month.
- George Cukor
- 1951 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy)
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Top 100 Laughs
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it