Camp Ovation is a performing arts summer camp where talented kids come to spread their wings. Among them are Vlad (Daniel Letterle), a "bona fide straight boy"; Ellen (Joanna Chilcoat), a megastar with huge insecurities; and Michael (Robin de Jesus), who's struggling with his sexual identity. Their director, Bert Hanlon (Don Dixon), is a washed-up has-been -- but the kids have at least as much to teach him as he has to teach them.
Rent DVDs for only $7.99 a month.
- Todd Graff
- This movie is
PG-13Mature thematic elements regarding teen sexual issues, and some language
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has very strong language and sexual references and situations for a PG-13. An adult character is an alcoholic. One of the movie's strengths is the way that the love for theater gives these kids so much in common that other differences, including race and sexual orientation, are warmly embraced.
- Sexual Content
- Frank sexual references and situations including teen sex, gay characters.
- Tense confrontations.
- Strong language for a PG-13.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adult character abuses alcohol.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it