When record store owner Rob Gordon gets dumped by his girlfriend, Laura, because he hasn't changed since they met, he revisits his top five breakups of all time in an attempt to figure out what went wrong.
Rent DVDs for only $7.99 a month.
- Stephen Frears
- 2001 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has very strong R-rated material, including explicit sexual references and sex for reasons other than intimacy (one-night stand just for the sex, sex to numb sad feelings). Characters drink and smoke a lot.
- Sexual Content
- A lot of sexual references and encounters, including one sex scene in a car; an abortion.
- Comic scuffle.
- Very strong language.
- Lots of bands are name-checked.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A lot of smoking and drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it