Kissing Jessica Stein
Jessica (Jennifer Westfeldt) is a single, straight, successful New York journalist who, like most of her female friends, has had a history of dating (male) creeps. But when she answers an intriguing personal ad from Helen (Heather Juergensen), Jessica finds herself intensely drawn to her. As Jessica explores this new side of her sexuality, the two begin a friendship that ultimately leads to romance.
Rent DVDs for only $7.99 a month.
- Charles Herman-Wurmfeld
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
Closed captionedLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1 Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; deleted scenes; outtakes; director's commentary; writers/stars' commentary; making-of featurette.
Kissing Jessica SteinClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that that this film explores a young woman's sexual orientation as she tries out a lesbian relationship. The movie has intimate scenes depicting same sex relationships and some scenes of sexual activity.
- Sexual Content
- The film shows one of the main characters engaging in spontaneous and non-monogamous sex. It depicts semi-graphic scenes of both straight and lesbian sex.
- Not applicable
- Profanity is present (mostly euphemisms for sexual organs and acts), but kept to a minimum.
- Social Behavior
- While the film does include highly critical characters, it also depicts various individuals struggling with love, sexual identity, and commitment.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Inclusion of multiple instances of social drinking, but not drunkenness.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it