Weaving together three stories featuring a burger-loving hit man, his philosophical partner and a washed-up boxer, Quentin Tarantino influenced a generation of filmmakers with this crime caper's stylized, over-the-top violence and dark comic spirit.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Quentin Tarantino
- 1995 Independent Spirit Awards®
- TIME® Magazine List
- All-TIME 100 Movies
- 1995 BAFTA®
- 1995 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Top 100 Thrills
- Top 100 Movies
RStrong graphic violence and drug use, pervasive strong language and some sexuality
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
English, Spanish (Neutral), English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HDOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; documentary; deleted scenes; cast interviews; behind-the-scenes featurette; photo gallery; additional featurettes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film glorifies violence, drug use, and sexual themes. Gunplay, robbery, swearing, drug use, drug dealing, lying, cheating, violence, male rape, sadomasochism, and driving under the influence. A character is shot in the face and it's played for jokes. In one extremely graphic scene (one that supposedly incited seizures in some epileptic audience members), a character plunges a syringe into a woman's chest to save her from experiencing a heroin overdose. The director seems to mock product placement by featuring original brands created for the film.
- Sexual Content
- Includes characters discussing oral sex, plus depictions of sadomasochism.
- Rape, drug overdose, car accidents, shootings, killings, vast amounts of blood, and so much more.
- Holds the record for most use of the "F" words in any film (271 times). Plenty of racial slurs, too.
- Social Behavior
- The film's extreme violence and drug use without legal consequences supercedes any of its socially redeemable qualities.
- References to Burger King. Mock brand fast food products.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Heroin use plays a major role in the film. A character smokes pot using a bong.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it