Heart of the Country
When her husband is arrested, wealthy New York socialite and singer Faith returns to her Southern roots and the family she left behind years ago. In rural North Carolina, Faith rebuilds her shattered life, her marriage and her belief in herself.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John Ward
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Heart of the CountryClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Heart of the Country is a spiritual film about a woman's struggle to forgive her husband after his arrest for fraud and her attempt to reconcile with her family. It has strong messages about family, faith, and forgiveness but also some heavy themes of loss and grief, including the loss of a parent and managing terminal illness. Best for older kids equipped for a faith-based message.
- Sexual Content
- Couple embrace on a couch; kiss on forehead; couple holds hands, kiss briefly.
- Brief intimidation between inmates at a prison; dad collapses and is hospitalized with brain tumor; frank discussions of impending death; deaths portrayed via funerals or visits to a grave site.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Family; loyalty; faith; integrity; keeping your word; honoring your vows; honesty; righting wrongs.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Casual drinking of wine or a mixed drink throughout at meetings, dinner, bars and during legal discussions.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it