The Naked Gun
While seeking his partner's ruthless killer, incredibly thick police officer Frank Drebin finds an equally dim-witted love interest and stumbles upon on a sordid plot to off Queen Elizabeth.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- David Zucker
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
The Naked GunClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film is a series of pratfalls, sight gags, and bawdy jokes, all of which should delight teen boys (and their fathers). The movie's violence -- Nordburg gets shot at repeatedly, and Frank's safety is constantly in question -- is so over the top that you can't take it seriously. Characters talk about having safe sex (and are later seen wearing full-body condoms). When trying to get off a ledge, Frank first grabs a woman's breasts and then pulls the stone carving of a penis off a statue. For older teens, the language and jokes are nothing new and shouldn't be disturbing.
- Sexual Content
- Bawdy jokes and innuendo, and one comical love scene with full-body condoms.
- Three Stooges-style violence -- all comical. Characters are shot at, sometimes hit repeatedly without being injured.
- A few mild curse words ("hell"), but nothing to worry too much about.
- Social Behavior
- Other than a stream of sight gags and sexual pranks, there's no message here.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some cigarette smoking and brief drinking, but not to excess.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it