When twentysomething Aura returns home after college to live with her artist mother in TriBeCa, she confronts a long list of personal and professional failures and wonders whether her dismal past will become her future.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Lena Dunham
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director interview with Nora Ephron; interview with writer-director Paul Schrader; trailer.
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS-HD Master AudioOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; cast and crew interviews; four short films by the director; director's first film: Creative Nonfiction; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this post-college drama features an aimless character, along with plenty of swearing, drinking, smoking, drugs, and sex. Expect to hear "f--k," "s--t," and "a--hole" fairly frequently and see teens drinking, along with young adults smoking pot and taking pills. One sex scene (without nudity) shows a less romantic side of intimacy.
- Sexual Content
- One extremely disheartening sex scene. There's no nudity, and it's tough to imagine an encounter that's less erotic, for either the participants or the viewers. Some discussions of sex.
- Some intense arguments among family members.
- Fairly frequent swearing includes "s--t", "a--hole," and "f--k," used as both an expletive and a descriptive verb.
- Social Behavior
- It's important to take control of your life rather than let yourself get pushed or pulled into whatever is going on around you. Aura slowly learns this lesson after some unsatisfying experiences with jobs, friends, and love.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink, smoke cigarettes, get high on marijuana, and pop pills. One scene features high school students drinking at a party.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it