10 Things I Hate About You
After learning that Bianca Stratford is forbidden to date until her man-hating older sister Kat finds a beau, Bianca's would-be boyfriend hatches a plan: pay moody school rebel Patrick Verona to escort the churlish Kat around town.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Gil Junger
- DVD and Blu-ray
PG-13Adult content, adult language and mild violence
YesLanguage and sound
French: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; audio commentary; retrospective ten-year anniversary documentary.
10 Things I Hate About YouClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that 10 Things I Hate About You has lots of references to sex, even by the standards of teen comedies, and especially a number of references to male genitalia, including a boy who draws a picture on the face of another and a boy who pretends to expose himself in the lunchroom, using a bratwurst, as well as the usual teen references to who has "done it." There is a wild party, with teen drinking and smoking, and brief references to drug use. The scene in which a girl bears her breasts to a teacher is worth discussing.
- Sexual Content
- Many references to sex. Kat flashes her breasts at a teacher as a diversion (nothing shown). Kat and Bianca's dad is an obstetrician and makes his daughters wear a fake pregnant belly before they go on dates. Senior Kat discusses a bad sexual experience in 9th grade.
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One teen character gives up smoking to attract a girl. Drinking at an out-of-control high school party. Main character throws up after drinking and dancing on a table.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it