A Christmas Wedding Tail
When single mom Susan and single dad Jake's dogs develop a romantic attachment, their owners fall in love, too. But their lives get complicated as they plan a Christmas wedding and try to merge their two families into one.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Michael Feifer
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary.
A Christmas Wedding TailClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this made-for-TV movie is presented as a light romantic comedy, but it deals with some important issues: children recovering from a parent's death and the combining of two one-parent families into a new household. Solutions to what can be major problems are resolved easily and bear little resemblance to the reality of those situations. In an attempt to be funny, many character types are portrayed as stupid, bumbling, and untalented. There are some comic pratfalls: A man falls into a pool, a baker wielding a rolling pin chases two dogs, and a distasteful woman is dragged by a dog on-leash. The word "butt" is heard a few times, and there's an occasional intended-to-be-humorous reference to dog pee or poop.
- Sexual Content
- A couple falls in love; they kiss modestly in several scenes.
- A few pratfalls intended as humor: A man falls into a pool, a bakery worker chases two dogs with a rolling pin, and a woman holding a leash is briefly dragged by the dog.
- A few references to "butt," plus some potty language related to dog pee and poop.
- Social Behavior
- The messages that love and family are the most important things in life come through loud and clear, though in an unrealistic manner. The idea that it takes time for children who have lost a parent to recover and adapt to new situations is present, though not treated with much sincerity.
- Much of the story takes place at Bridlewood Winery, an actual Southern California vineyard. The film also identifies Schutt helmets, Gamma tennis equipment, Cadillac automobiles, and many retail businesses in Los Olivos and Solvang, California.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Much of the story takes place on the grounds of a vineyard. Wine is consumed in moderation on several social occasions.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it