A Country Christmas
When a disgruntled politician leads a global campaign to ban the myth of Santa Claus, the world joins his movement. Two children from a small farming community learn about Santa's predicament, and attempt to help Kris Kringle regain his powers.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Dustin Rikert
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
A Country ChristmasClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that A Country Christmas highlights positive messages about sharing love and family bonds. All the adults are excellent role models, as are the Logan kids, and even the bad guy is not really evil, just misguided. Thoroughly wholesome, the movie's only aspect that might scare very young children is some emotional intensity when the family copes with Mrs. Logan's cancer scare.
- Some characters are shown punching their own fists, implying that's what someone they're angry with (the villain who's trying to outlaw Santa) deserves. There's some potentially scary emotional intensity when Mrs. Logan's cancer recurs and isn't treatable.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The central theme of the story is that Santa exists because we believe in him, so a strong message is conveyed about the power and magic that come from truly believing in something. Other messages are about working together to accomplish goals and tasks, sharing love, and accepting that money can't buy happiness. Even though there are plenty of sad things in the world, people deserve happiness.
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Hulu ¿each are mentioned once. Zach is frequently seen in a "Hope, Arizona" hoodie.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it