A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
Eric and his thirtysomething friends spend their summer weekends carousing at his family's house in the Hamptons. When Eric learns that his dad plans to sell the place, he proposes a party to end all parties: an orgy.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
URPervasive strong sexual content, graphic nudity and language
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English, English SDH, FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
A Good Old Fashioned OrgyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this raunchy, hard-R comedy is decidedly not for kids. The title says it all: It's about an orgy planned by a group of life-long friends. Although it's surprisingly sentimental in parts (a la Judd Apatow's films) and explores the boundaries of friendships and their importance, it's definitely very sexual, from partial and full nudity to simulated intercourse to lots of frank talk about sex. There's also lots of swearing (including "f--k" and "s--t") and drinking.
- Sexual Content
- The title says it all: The movie is about friends planning an orgy. There are very frank conversations about sex (how to get more of it, how to do it, what to use when doing it) and nudity (breasts, backsides, and a brief full frontal are all on view). Couples are shown in various states of intimacy and undress, and while having simulated intercourse.
- Some yelling and childish, churlish behavior.
- Frequent swearing includes "s--t," "a--hole," "p---y," "c--k," and "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Titillating title and subject matter aside, the movie does explore the importance of friendship -- and how loyalty and straightforwardness help pave the way to better relationships.
- Some mentions and glimpses of brand names, including Zoloft, Altoids, and the Hamptons Jitney.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- The main characters like to throw themed parties in the Hamptons where inebriation is the goal. All sorts of drinks are imbibed, from beer to hard liquor.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it