A Soldier's Story
Racial tensions flare in this gripping drama set in Louisiana at the end of World War II. When Army attorney Capt. Davenport (Howard E. Rollins Jr.) is sent to Fort Neal to investigate the murder of a black sergeant, he faces a mystery much more complex than he'd imagined. Also starring Adolph Caesar and directed by Norman Jewison from Charles Fuller's Pulitzer Prize-winning play, the film was nominated for three Academy Awards.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Norman Jewison
- This movie is
- 1985 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Top 100 Thrills nominee
- 1985 Academy Award®
- Best Writing Adapted Screenplay nominee
- Best Supporting Actor nominee: Adolph Caesar
- Best Picture nominee
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral), Korean, English, Thai, Chinese SimplifiedClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary.
A Soldier's StoryClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it