A Touch of Class
Glenda Jackson collected an Oscar for her sterling performance as a shrewd British fashion designer who falls for married insurance adjuster Steve Blackburn (George Segal). Their liaison begins swimmingly, but a succession of comic pitfalls complicate matters. Those include a meddling friend (Paul Sorvino), a coupe with clutch problems and Segal's dislocated back, leading to what started as a run-of-the-mill affair ending on an unexpected note.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Melvin Frank
- 1974 BAFTA®
- Best Actress nominee: Glenda Jackson
- 1974 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy)
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy)
- Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- 1974 Academy Award®
- Best Actress: Glenda Jackson
- Best Writing Original Screenplay nominee
- Best Picture nominee
- Best Music Song nominee
- Best Music Score nominee
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; cast/director film highlights.
A Touch of ClassClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it