Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Barely competent pet private eye Ace Ventura is put on the case when kidnappers with an ax to grind abduct Snowflake, the Miami Dolphins' mascot. As Ventura tries to solve the crime and save the day, the perpetrators have something else in mind.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Tom Shadyac
- Top 100 Laughs nominee
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Ace Ventura: Pet DetectiveClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that, despite this comedy's seemingly innocent title, its bathroom humor and sexual content can be offensive. Dramatic kids might spend days imitating star Jim Carrey's wildly exaggerated mannerisms. Some teens may enjoy the so-called humor and insist on seeing it, but parents might want to watch with them.
- Sexual Content
- Implied oral sex; bed-rattling sex hidden under covers. Lengthy shot of a man's bare bottom.
- A fist fight between a man and a woman, with some blood. A man jumps off his penthouse balcony and is killed. People fall off cars and balconies and into shark-infested fish tanks. Several gunshots. A shot of sharks with sharp teeth.
- Infrequent extreme language and occasional mild profanities. A rude finger gesture.
- Social Behavior
- The women in the movie serve little purpose beyond sex and cleavage. Lots of tasteless humor: gay jokes, jokes about people with mental illness, bathroom humor.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it