Air Bud Spikes Back
Having already thrilled audiences with his basketball, football, soccer and baseball prowess, superstar pooch Buddy is now conquering pro volleyball. But that's not all: Buddy must also thwart two thieves who've framed the famed canine for robbery.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mike Southon
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurette; interactive game.
Air Bud Spikes BackClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Air Bud Spikes Back is a 2003 sequel in the Air Bud franchise of sports-themed movies. There are some tame comedic pratfalls throughout the movie, and two bad guys are thrown off a merry-go-round. Also, Buddy is blamed for crimes he did not commit, which may upset younger kids. There is a particularly disgusting vomit scene.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Tame comedic pratfalls throughout the movie. Escaped dogs run rampant through a street fair, knocking over produce and sending an expensive vase skyward and eventually onto the dog Buddy's head. The two bad guys are thrown off a merry-go-round. There's a particularly disgusting vomit scene. Grandma Framm's parrot is kidnapped. Buddy is blamed for crimes he did not commit, which may upset younger kids.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- This movie shows tween characters trying to find jobs to save up money to get something they want. The importance of teamwork and good sportsmanship also are shown throughout the movie.
- Banners advertising Aquafina and Nissan are in the background of a beach volleyball tournament at the end of the movie.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it