Ali G Indahouse
Wannabe gangsta rapper Ali G takes a stand against the demolition of his beloved John Nike Leisure Centre. But it doesn't take long for him to get elected to Parliament and become unwittingly embroiled in a political scandal.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mark Mylod
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
RStrong sexual content, pervasive crude humor, language and drug content
English, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral), Korean, JapaneseClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Ali G IndahouseClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that in this movie from the creator of Borat, sex and drug jokes are rampant and spring up in the most unlikely and unsuitable places (like making a lewd remark to the Queen of England). Though Ali G and his foul-mouthed posse are openly homophobic (tossing around the anti-gay slur "batty boy"), they also experiment with gay sex at the end (and decide they like it). The street-gang lifestyle -- at least a white-boy mimicry of it -- is made to look fun and empowering. There are lots of fantasy-figure girls in skimpy bikinis, and quick flashes of female toplessness (in still photos) and the (fake) tip of Ali's enormous penis. Fat people are the subject of repeated gags.
- Sexual Content
- Photos of topless women (and a man seemingly having sex with an animal). Ali G is a ladies' man who thinks and talks often about sex. Women ("bitches" "ho's") appear posing in bikini lingerie; one asks Ali to massage her breasts. Another woman strips to bra and briefs to try to seduce him. Ali has non-explicit sex with his girlfriend. Ali's little dog orally gratifies him as he sleeps. In a fantasy daydream we glimpse a long prosthetic meant to be the tip of Ali's gigantic penis. A crowd of people wrongfully think two men are having loud, gay sex; later two men are caught in a homosexual position. Ali G mocks Harry Potter's virginity and forces the bad guy to dress in drag and dance like a stripper.
- Fantasy sequence of Ali G in a bloodless shootout with LA street gangs. A threatened shooting in reality and a slapstick fistfight.
- The F-word, the S-word, Borat says "c--ksucker," plus slang British and patois dirty words ("babylons," for breasts).
- Social Behavior
- The laughs come from the bad behavior of this over-the-top character. He's abominably sexist, prone to homophobic insults, lazy, rude, bullying, and fairly dumb. Stereotypes abound in the supporting cast, especially for Asians who lose their inhibitions and behave more like sex workers.
- Hip-hop fashions, music, jewelry are especially prominent.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Lots and LOTS of marijuana references, close-up bong smoking, and Ali G literally awash in Jamaican weed at the end.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it