Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
An all-star cast highlights this vibrant musical adaptation of Lewis Carroll's immortal tale. One day, plucky young Alice follows a white rabbit down a hole and discovers a world of bizarre characters.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- William Sterling
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Alice's Adventures in WonderlandClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this 1972 adaptation of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Aventures in Wonderland is not as frightening as some interpretations -- if simply because this Alice has a mind of her own. Alice saves a baby after the Duchess bounces it so hard that it cries terribly. Of course there's a lot of "Off with her head!" talk from the queen, but no heads roll.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- A scary moment after Alice meets Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum: the sky turns dark and an enormous crow emerges from a storm. In the next scene, the Duchess bounces a poor (real) baby so hard that it cries terribly. Alice removes the baby from the home, saying "If I don't take this child away, they will kill it." A lot of "Off with her head!" talk from the queen, but no heads roll.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Themes of standing up for and believing in yourself.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Alice drinks strange draughts that make her change size and nibbles on mushrooms likewise. The caterpillar smokes an elaborate hookah pipe.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it