With her life in upheaval, frustrated songwriter Catherine Brown retreats to her vacant family home in Woodstock, N.Y., to review her priorities. Aided by a longtime friend of her parents, Catherine begins to reclaim her sense of purpose.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English SDH, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Always Woodstock is about a city girl who returns to her childhood home in Woodstock to pursue her dream of becoming a singer/songwriter. Along the way, she has to learn a few important life lessons and figure out who she is -- with a little help from her friends, naturally. That sometimes involves heavy drinking; on one occasion, she gets so wasted that she passes out. There's also some swearing (including "f--k" and "s--t") and several scenes that feature people kissing and fooling around, though no nudity.
- Sexual Content
- Several scenes show people kissing, getting partially undressed, and having sex under the covers. Motion and sounds, but no actual nudity.
- Some bickering between couples and friends.
- Strong but relatively infrequent language includes "f--k" and "s--t."
- Social Behavior
- Illustrates the value of remaining true to yourself -- as well as the importance of good, loyal friends.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adults drink frequently at bars, parties, and other social events. The main character gets extremely drunk at one point and even passes out.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it