The four lustful buddies of American Pie return to East Great Falls for their 10-year high school reunion and a flood of memories. In the franchise's latest installment, the guys look back at their quest to lose their virginity in the first film.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- DVD and Blu-ray
RCrude and sexual content throughout, nudity, language, brief drug use and teen drinking
English SDH, FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: DVS - Descriptive Video ServiceOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, English: DVS - Descriptive Video ServiceOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; extended scenes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that although American Reunion tries to recapture the success of the original -- and equally raunchy -- American Pie, it doesn't quite succeed. What it does succeed at is being extremely crude and crass; there's both male and female nudity (including an extended shot of a man's penis), very suggestive sex scenes, and nearly constant talk of sex. There's also lots of drinking (including a very drunk 18-year-old), some drug use, and nearly constant swearing -- it's easier to try to count the sentences without profanity than to quantify the curses heard here. If teens have already seen the earlier movies in the series and can handle the content, then this won't be a departure; but if they're not, something less over-the-top would be a better pick.
- Sexual Content
- Male and female nudity, including bare breasts, male backsides, and an extended look at one man's penis. Several sex scenes include vigorous thrusting and suggestions of oral sex, given by both genders. Both men and women are interrupted masturbating, and there's a not-so-brief look at online porn (with sound effects). Plus nearly constant talk about sex -- who's having it, who isn't, who wants to, and how -- usually in the crudest possible terms.
- Several people get into a drunken brawl outside a party, with plenty of punches, kicks, and knock-down, drag-out fighting. Some couples get into heated arguments.
- Every possible swear word -- from "f--k" to "s--t" to "p---y" and more (including "c--k," "d--k," "ass," "hell," "oh my God," and more) -- is used, multiple times and often in creative permutations.
- Social Behavior
- Amid the raunchy humor is the message that friends and couples need to make the effort to maintain relationships, whether it's the occasional night out with the guys or scheduling time for a husband and wife to be alone without the kids.
- Apple products make an appearance, as do Chevy cars and online retailer Amazon.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Anywhere the crowd is gathering, there's plenty of drink, including beer, shots, wine and hard liquor. Several scenes feature underage drinking, including a long sequence in which a very drunk high school girl celebrates her 18th birthday. One woman lights up a joint, and another group passes around a bong at a party.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it