Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid
A team of scientists sets out to find a rare orchid, unaware the flower is protected by deadly anacondas made even stronger by the mysterious plant. Now on the run, the expedition must come up with a plan to defeat the slithering superbeasts.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Dwight H. Little
PG-13Action violence, scary images and some language
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; making-of featurette; trailer.
Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood OrchidClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie is filled with nightmare material for kids -- the snakes are huge and terrifying. There are many close-ups of the snakes' mouths right before they swallow someone whole. In many of the action scenes, the anaconda regurgitates a body, leaving it hanging in trees, covered in what looks like saliva and blood.
- Sexual Content
- A couple of shots of a male's bare chest, a reference to a boat as "ugly, but she puts out" and references to having a one night stand.
- Many extremely tense scenes. There's a scene of a dead snake that has been sliced open in the mid-section of its body. In this open section is a human corpse hanging out, covered with blood, flies, and the like.
- Some strong language.
- Social Behavior
- In the beginning, almost every character is obsessed with money and the idea of becoming a billionaire.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A bar scene in which a couple of characters drink and smoke.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it