To prove himself in the cutthroat world of the U.S. Naval Academy, a struggling freshman trained in the school of hard knocks enters a fiercely competitive boxing contest -- but does he have what it takes to make it?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Justin Lin
- DVD and Blu-ray
French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: PCM Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; deleted scenes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film includes several hectic, noisy boxing scenes, with the camera taking alternate points of view for punchers and punchees. The fast cuts and framing make these images potentially disturbing for younger viewers. Some of the training rituals for the Annapolis cadets are brutal (falling in mud and falling off obstacles in slow motion, sweating and groaning). An officer has a cadet get into a body bag and be zipped up, to show other cadets their responsibility to their charges. Depressed cadet jumps out a window. Characters drink alcohol in a bar, a romantic couple exchanges gazes and kisses in pretty lighting. One prostitution reference.
- Sexual Content
- Brief kissing, some girls dance seductively at a bar. Reference to a prostitute.
- Boxing scenes are fast and hard-hitting; other scenes show physical tests and some fighting among cadets. A suicide attempt.
- Mild cursing ("hell") and some crude language.
- Social Behavior
- Growing up is good, but whining, arguing, and resisting authority are not so good.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Beer-drinking in bar scenes, one scene with smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it