Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
As a swingin' fashion photographer by day and a groovy British super agent by night, Austin Powers is the 1960s' most shagadelic spy, baby! But can he stop megalomaniac Dr. Evil after the bald villain freezes himself and unthaws in the '90s?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jay Roach
- This movie is
- Top 100 Laughs nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.00:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1Subtitles
French, English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
This is one of those pioneering early outstanding special edition DVDs. Perfect picture and sound and more extras than you would think a filmlike this deserved. Commentary, music behind the menu screen, funnyhidden screens (like "Music To Shag To"), alternate endings -- just abouteverything one would want.
The DVD is outstanding -- still one of the best DVDs on the market. It hasearned each of the 10 deserved points on my 10-bit scale. Others mayquibble with my slightly intoxicated high score for the film, but no onewill argue with the DVD's rank.
Austin Powers: International Man of MysteryClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there is a near constant barrage of sexual innuendo in this James Bond spoof. Parents may find the vulgar laughs and sight gags inappropriate for 'tweens, but 13-year-old and older kids will probably laugh all the way through it.
- Sexual Content
- Near constant sexual innuendo. Lengthy scenes involving full-body nudity with all of the naughty bits "cleverly" concealed. Several scenes involve a device used to enhance a male body part.
- Cartoonish violence.
- Lots of sexually themed innuendo and silly, crass euphemisms
- Social Behavior
- As with the Bond movies, the women are objects of conquest with silly names. Dr. Evil's teenage son is unpleasantly eager to go get his gun and shoot Powers.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Swinging 60s involves references to drinking and drugs.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it