Philippa and Martina turn down a chance to leave their town, instead staying to care for their father. Decades later, Philippa and Martina take in a French woman who prepares a grand feast in gratitude -- a lavish meal eclipsed only by her secret.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Gabriel Axel
- DVD and Blu-ray
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Danish: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; theatrical trailer
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 2.0 HDOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; cast and crew interviews; additional featurettes; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the adults in this movie can be judgemental (sometimes comically so) and that the father of two girls keeps them from experiencing life. During a grand dinner, the teenage server sneaks several gulps of wine. For the feast, Babette imports many live animals and kills them herself, which may disturb vegetarian or sensitive kids.
- Sexual Content
- Chaste kisses on the hand are the most action these characters see.
- Babette imports many live animals and kills them herself.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Babette learns the importance of home and giving to her chosen family. Martina and Philippa also do good works for the poor and elderly.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- During the feast, characters get drunk and the teenage serving boy sneaks gulps of wine.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it