Two bank robbers battle over the affections of a housewife they kidnapped before one of their big heists in this quirky love story. Gaining notoriety as the "Sleepover Bandits," the partners force a reality TV host to cover their 15 minutes of fame.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Barry Levinson
- 2002 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
Widescreen 2.35:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted footage; alternate ending; Inside Bandits - making-of featurette; hit music video "Superman" by Five for Fighting; filmmakers' workshop.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this is really a movie for grown-ups, not because the language or violence or sexuality is any more intense than any other PG-13, but because it is just not something most kids will appreciate. Parents should know that it does have some strong language (including a crude reference to a gynecological problem), some violence, and sexual references and situations, including teen sex and adultery.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual references and situations, including adultery and teen sex.
- Shoot-outs and characters in peril.
- Strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking and smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it