Barbie: A Perfect Christmas
When a snowstorm forces their plane to land in a small town, foiling their New York dream holiday, Barbie and her sisters -- Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea -- learn some lessons about the true joy of Christmas from the friendly residents.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Barbie: A Perfect ChristmasClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this addition to Barbie's extremely profitable and popular line of direct-to-DVD movies comes with a sweet moral about the true meaning of the holiday season instead of just being another excuse to trumpet the latest Barbie merchandise. Of course, there are a lot of Perfect Christmas products available just in time for the holidays, but the actual movie focuses on the relationship between the four sisters and how Christmas is more about giving than receiving -- not a bad lesson for kids to learn when it comes to Barbies.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable
- Stacie sometimes calls Chelsea "rude" or a "copycat." Chelsea call an idea "dumb."
- Social Behavior
- Most of the positive messages center around the spirit of Christmas -- being kind to others, finding a way not to give into negativity, and even rescuing shelter dogs. Once the sisters work together and discover the joys of staying at the Tannenbaum Inn, they're able to have the "perfect Christmas."
- Because this movie is about Christmas and the holiday spirit, it does seem slightly less egregiously consumerist than the other Barbie direct-to-DVD movies. But of course, like all Barbie products, there are many merchandise tie-ins, from books and CDs to the entire character set and a Mattel micro-site devoted to makeover games and other interactive features.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it