Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow
In this animated delight, Barbie returns to the magical land of Fairytopia as the brave fairy Elina, chosen by Azura to learn and perform the important Flight of Spring that keeps the land blossoming. But the evil Laverna is back, too, and she's determined to stop Elina and freeze Fairytopia. Elina and her fellow apprentices -- including the fiery-tempered fairy Sunburst and a wood nymph named Glee -- must work together to defeat Laverna.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the RainbowClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there is an evil fairy who threatens to destroy idyllic Fairytopia. The heroine, Elina, is ostracized by other apprentices at fairy school, but meets two friends who are kind to her. When one of the mean fairy students needs help, Elina selflessly goes to her rescue, and all the apprentices learn to work together to thwart the threat to their kingdom. Girls under 8 will get the most out of the simple story on this DVD, and because it's Barbie, they will probably be begging for all the merchandise to go with it.
- Sexual Content
- Two puffball pets engage in harmless flirtation.
- Evil fairy threatens to destroy Fairytopia, but carnage is limited to wilting a symbolic flower bud.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Virtuous characters are easy to spot and are rewarded; less admirable characters learn lessons about teamwork, and the meanest character is neutralized.
- Because Barbie plays the main role, there's no getting away from the toy tie-in. Character dolls, books, athletic shoes, and playsets are advertised in the DVD insert, and one of the games on the DVD can be interactive if played with a tie-in doll.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it