Barbie:The Great Puppy Adventure
Barbie and her sisters, Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea, and their adorable new puppy friends fnd unexpected mystery and adventure when they return to their hometown of Willows. While going through mementos in Grandma's attic, the sisters discover an old map, believed to lead to a long-lost treasure buried somewhere in the town. With their puppy pals in tow, the four girls go on an exciting treasure hunt, along the way discovering that the greatest treasure of all is the love and laughter they share as sisters!
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Barbie:The Great Puppy AdventureClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Barbie & Her Sisters in the Great Puppy Adventure is a cheery adventure for Barbie, Skipper, Stacie, and Chelsea as they visit their grandmother in their hometown of Willows. Positive messages about sharing, determination, and selflessness are central elements of the story. The four sisters and their grandmother are always caring, supportive, and thoughtful family members. The only jeopardy comes in the form of two buffoonish crooks who continually tumble, bump, and make mistakes. Mild suspense accompanies the group during the climax when the crooks chase them through underground caverns with a rickety bridge, bats, and a rockslide. No one is hurt. This new Barbie adventure introduces four new puppies to the Barbie brand, including plush animals, Barbie dolls with accompanying small pups, and carnival toys.
- Two clueless crooks engage in slapstick action: tumbles, hits over head. Climactic sequence finds Barbie's gang in a cave with a scary bridge to cross, a rockslide, bats, shaky ground, and crooks chasing them. Puppies attack baddies, biting and stopping them.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- "The best part of having an adventure is sharing it with people you love." Encourages continuing to try even when obstacles are set in your path or results aren't readily achieved.
- Mattel introduces new toys (pups, a carnival set) based on this film to its already vast toy brand.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it