Barbie as Rapunzel
In this contemporary twist on the classic fairy tale, Barbie (voiced by Kelly Sheridan) uses the power of her own creative energies to paint her way out of the confines of a castle keep and save her prince from the nefarious clutches of Gothel, the evil witch (Anjelica Huston). It's a charming animated tale that finds Barbie far from the sandbox and in a fantasy land with rabbits and dragons for friends and a chance at romance.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Owen Hurley
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; documentary; costume gallery; art gallery.
Barbie as RapunzelClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Barbie as Rapunzel is a Barbie-inserted take on the classic fairy tale, which has a somewhat morose premise: Rapunzel believes she has been abandoned as a child, has a mean stepmother, and is locked in a tower and treated as an indentured servant. But within those confines, Barbie manages to foster good friendships, find solace in art, and still take the high road with those who've wronged her. There's some very minor fighting with swords, magic power that knocks characters off their feet, and a brief scene where guards are tied up and their mouths duct-taped.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- There is some very minor fighting with swords, magic power that knocks characters off their feet, and a brief scene where guards are tied up and their mouths duct-taped. Otherwise, the movie mainly shows Rapunzel imprisoned, and in one scene, her hair is chopped off by magic.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Barbie as Rapunzel promotes positive messages about loyalty, friendship, courage, being true to your dreams, and most significantly, believing in yourself.
- Barbie is an international marketing behemoth that has no doubt reached all possible crevices of the earth, but nothing in this movie promotes any specific merchandise.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it