Barney's Great Adventure: The Movie
Cody and his sister, Abby -- along with her best friend, Marcella -- visit Grandpa and Grandma on their farm. The kids don't think they'll enjoy their stay, but then Barney comes along to sing and teach them about the power of imagination.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Steve Gomer
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
trailer(s), Barney's first adventure 1/2 hour TV show
Barney's Great Adventure: The MovieClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this farmland adventure celebrates the power of dreams and imagination. Parents familiar with Barney and his buddies will know that there's very little to be concerned about in this movie. The only possible issues occur when a character steps in animal dung, during a brief scene in a French restaurant where adults soberly sip from wine, and when a character is a distracted driver as he makes a chocolate shake and a hamburger while trying to drive his truck.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- A character falls backwards off a front porch railing into a flower bed when startled by Barney.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Characters believe in the power of imagination to make their dreams come true. Characters talk about how adults also use their imaginations. Friends are supportive and make amends when they hurt others' feelings.
- Barney toys and other products are available and kids exposed to this movie will likely recognize these products in stores.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some brief, sober, adult wine drinking happens in a fancy French restaurant.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it