Batteries Not Included
After their apartment building is bought by an unscrupulous developer, Frank and Faye Riley (real-life couple Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy) face eviction. But the poor retirees receive help from an unlikely source: a clan of tiny robotic aliens.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Matthew Robbins
- DVD and streaming
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Batteries Not IncludedClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that batteries not included is an '80s movie with more iffy content than you may remember. There are some scenes of violence. One includes an arsonist burning down an apartment building. Another scene shows characters threatening others with axes and baseball bats. A character is shown binge-drinking by himself. Profanity includes "goddammit," "bastard," "hell," and son of a bitch." One scene shows a nude painting of a topless woman; bare breasts are on full display. Implied robot sex (bright, blinking lights coming from a shed).
- Sexual Content
- One scene shows a nude painting of a topless woman; bare breasts are on full display. Implied robot sex (bright, blinking lights coming from a shed). Kissing.
- A gang threatens people with weapons; a character beats up another. An arsonist burns down an apartment building.
- More than you might remember: "goddammit," "bastard," "hell," son of a bitch."
- Social Behavior
- The movie emphasizes the notion of standing up for one's beliefs.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A character is shown binge drinking by himself.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it