In the year 2000, an alien race known as the Psychlos devastated Earth and turned it into a wasteland. In the year 3000, the aliens -- led by the horrific Terl (John Travolta) -- still hold the surviving human population hostage and have forced Earthlings into slavery. But when human Johnny Goodboy Tyler (Barry Pepper) discovers the aliens' major weakness and leads the final fight for Earth's survival, the parasitic Psychlos are in for a shock.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Roger Christian
- This movie is
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; making-of featurettes; trailers; filmographies; John Travolta makeup test; storyboard montage; hidden extras.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has a lot of sci-fi violence, with lots of explosions, characters in peril and some gory dismemberment. There are a couple of mild expletives and some mild sexual references. Women are treated as sex objects or taken as hostages.
- Sexual Content
- A few mild references.
- A lot of science fiction violence, characters killed and dismembered.
- A few mild words.
- Social Behavior
- Men have all the action roles; with one brief exception, women are treated as sex objects
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Scenes in bar, character intoxicated.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it