This intoxicating film from director Richard Linklater stars Ethan Hawke as an American backpacker who strikes up a conversation with a lovely fellow traveler (Julie Delpy) on the train to Vienna and persuades her to spend his last day in Europe with him. Wandering the picturesque streets of the Austrian capital, the two share stories of their pasts and their dreams for the future, ultimately forging a bond that leads to love.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Richard Linklater
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
French, EnglishClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film's straightforwardness is bound to make its ideas about sex, romance, and religion convincing to a late-teen audience in search of answers for life's toughest questions. Sex, however, is only implied and is dealt with in a very serious, respectful manner. There's a bit of language, and not much action, so teens who are looking for a shoot 'em up movie will be sorely disappointed.
- Sexual Content
- Lots of frank discussion of sex and love, with some kissing, and the implication of sex.
- Not applicable
- Some casual swearing.
- Social Behavior
- Celebrates youth, spontaneity, romance, adventure, and explores themes of honesty, identity, commitment all in a very intellectual way.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some casual drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it