Beneath the Blue
Bahamian teenager Alyssa has a kinship with dolphins, a gift she harnesses as a scientist at her father's research station. But her heart is torn when she discovers that her first real love, Craig, takes an opposing interest in the creatures.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Michael D. Sellers
PGThematic elements, some language and mild sensuality
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Beneath the BlueClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Beneath the Blue is a 2010 drama that depicts marine-life scientists protecting dolphins from poachers and government sonar testing. Dolphins at this Bahamas lab learn to communicate with humans. One of them gets abducted but is later returned. A woman holds a gun to someone's head. She also threatens to derail someone's career if he reveals her nefarious plot. A girl dives too deep, loses consciousness, and is rescued. Girls swim in bikinis. There is talk of flirting, but only kissing is seen.
- Sexual Content
- A girl is attracted to a newcomer. Her friends push them together. "His eyes was all over you, girl," one says. The girls all wear bikinis. There is talk of flirting, but only kissing is seen.
- A dolphin is subdued and abducted by black-market thieves. A woman holds a gun to someone's head. She also threatens to derail someone's career if he reveals her nefarious plot. A girl dives too deep, loses consciousness, and is rescued.
- "Crap," "screw up."
- Social Behavior
- It's possible to forgive people who have betrayed you. "We all have a compass. All we have to do is find it and trust it." We are all capable of overcoming challenges if we try.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Hawk wants to have a beer.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it