Hoping to revive his career, washed-up actor Jack Wyatt is convinced that Isabel Bigelow would make the perfect Samantha to his Darrin in a film update of the 1960s sitcom "Bewitched." But Jack doesn't know how right he is: Isabel really is a witch.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Nora Ephron
- DVD and streaming
PG-13Some language, including sex and drug references, and partial nudity
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; featurettes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie, like the original TV series, may be cute but it also offers a somewhat skewed picture of a woman and her power. Samantha (Kidman) lies about her true nature and abilities in order to get what she wants. She uses her powers but then feels guilty about doing so, and her heart's desire is to find a "man who needs me." The film includes some language (for example, "pussy," "dick," "giant male reproductive organ"), brief drinking and smoking, mildly comic drug and sexual allusions.
- Sexual Content
- Very mild, mostly in forms of jokes.
- Some flying on a broomstick and whirling around.
- Obnoxious language to designate arrogance and ignorance.
- Social Behavior
- Lying, cheating, casting spells.
- TV set catering and expressed concerns about marketing the TV series; footage from original series to sell newly available DVD.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some drinking and smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it