Big Momma's House 2
Once again donning a disguise as butterball granny Big Momma, FBI agent Turner goes undercover to stop a national security threat in this madcap sequel. Modeling the latest in frumpy dresses, Turner infiltrates a suspect's house by posing as a nanny.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John Whitesell
PG-13Some sexual humor and a humorous drug reference
Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; deleted scenes; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
Big Momma's House 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie pushes the PG-13 envelope, most often at the expense of female bodies. Accusations and suggestions of sexism and anti-Semitism are uttered as jokes. Big Momma's influence on the girls might be considered sketchy: She says she carries a "blade in my girdle," then asks Molly to reach inside to get it; she teaches Carrie to dance provocatively for her cheerleading team's routine. As an FBI agent, Malcolm engages in violence, chasing, shooting at, and beating up culprits. Characters use profanity, drink, and allude to drugs.
- Sexual Content
- Lots of sex-related material for a PG-13, including frequent innuendo and references to sex, cleavage/references to breasts, women in lingerie/tiny bathing suits, racy lyrics, partial nudity in spa scenes, some suggestive dancing, etc.
- Opens with shooting of unknown character; Malcolm's bird costume catches on fire; guns are used by FBI agents and criminals; description of dog's death by a woodchipper; vehicular chase scenes; fisticuffs at Bingo game; Malcolm beats up thugs.
- General obnoxiousness ("we suck"), mild cursing ("hell," "damn," "bastard," "oh my God"), sexual allusions/references to body parts ("booty," "put a bug up your ass," "fun bags"; "naked pictures of Billy Dee"), Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back," a joke about "BM" and "VD."
- Social Behavior
- More obnoxious than anything else, with nonstop crude humor. Women are frequently presented as sexualized objects; anti-Semitism is used as a punchline. Lots of jokes at the expense of Big Momma's size.
- Brillo pads; Lucky Charms cereal; Victoria's Secret models at the spa.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Reference to a roach clip and "ack-ack" (slang for marijuana or heroin-laced cigarette); Big Momma gets a depressed Chihuahua drunk with tequila (and then says "The dog's higher than a Georgia pine"); a drunk woman at a Bingo game tries to hit Big Momma.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it