Suffering from paralyzing agoraphobia, teenage Hazel is headed to a treatment center with her mother when two brothers attack them along the way. With her mom wounded, Hazel is forced to battle the men -- and her fears -- in a struggle to survive.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jorge Michel Grau
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Big Sky is a kidnapping thriller that centers on a mentally ill teen who must face her greatest fear -- the outdoors -- by hiking across the open desert for help after her mom in shot during a violent carjacking. There are executions and several shoot outs that leave bloody corpses, as well as plenty of swearing (including "f--k" and "s--t) and a character who's high, so it's best for older teens and up.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable
- Two kidnappers leave several people dead or injured after brutally hijacking a van. They execute some of the passengers with close-range shots. A teenage girl is later accosted by a twentysomething man who seems to be high, and they scuffle over a pepper-spray container. Several people end up in a standoff with guns drawn, resulting in some getting shot. A kidnapper starts to fondle the woman he's abducted before his partner makes him stop.
- Frequent swearing, including "f--k," "s--t," "goddammit," and "queer."
- Social Behavior
- With the right motivation, people can dig deep to overcome even the most impossible-seeming obstacles, including their most terrifying fears.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A mentally ill character is repeatedly seen taking medications in a stressful situation, probably more than her usual dose. A man seems to be very high on drugs, speaking nonsensically about the benefits of hallucinogens.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it