Bionicle: The Legend Reborn
The animated Bionicle saga continues with this feature that follows the adventures of Mata Nui, the former ruler of the universe who has been stripped of his power and exiled to the desolate planet of Bara Magna. As Mata Nui grows accustomed to a new body and faces violent opponents in ritual Glatorian combat, he also allies with local tribes of Agori villagers who help him uncover startling new secrets about the cosmos.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mark Baldo
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; extended ending; music video; trailers; photo gallery.
Bionicle: The Legend RebornClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this animated film, based on a line of popular toys, has a surprising amount of violence for a movie aimed at kids. It takes place on a planet where the main entertainment is watching gladiators battle it out with swords, axes, and other weapons. There is plenty of gambling, and even some cheating, though characters who engage in such behavior are rarely rewarded for it. The hero frequently talks about the importance of loyalty and teamwork. Expect young fans to clamor for merchandise, though some parents may find Bionicle toys, which are produced by Lego and are challenging to assemble, to be more palatable than the action figures or stuffed animals that are often sold in conjunction with other movies.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable
- Plenty of animated action. The Bionicle characters are all humanoid robots, who often engage in hand-to-hand combat using swords, spears, axes, and other deadly weapons. Gladiators play an important role in the culture of Bara Magna, where the film takes place, and some of the fights are staged for entertainment.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The movie repeatedly stresses the value of teamwork and the importance of loyalty.
- The film is based on the popular line of Bionicle toys, and fans can purchase toy versions of many of the main characters.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A few scenes take place in a bar, though it's not clear what the characters are drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it