On Sunday, Jan. 30, 1972, in a Catholic district of Northern Ireland, 13 unarmed civilian demonstrators were shot and killed by members of the British Parachute Regiment. Director Paul Greengrass's documentary-style drama depicts the massacre.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Paul Greengrass
- 2003 Independent Spirit Awards®
- Best Foreign Film nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; filmmakers' commentaries; cast and crew interviews.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie depicts a tragic, violent event. The graphic shooting of unarmed protestors is very disturbing and the ensuing images including mayhem and grieving are likely to terrify younger children. Young adults accustomed to Hollywood's comic book portrayal of violence are likely to be disturbed by the events so realistically framed on 35mm film.
- Sexual Content
- Couple making out.
- Characters killed, graphic violence.
- Very strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Smoking, references to drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it