Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
In this eerie sequel to The Blair Witch Project, tourists flock to Burkittsville, Md., to see evidence of the original film and its mythology, with four visitors joining town troublemaker Jeff Patterson for his inaugural Blair Witch Hunt tour.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Joe Berlinger
- 2001 Razzie® Awards
- Worst Screenplay nominee
- Worst Director nominee: Joe Berlinger
- Worst Picture nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary.
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there's not much that's worth seeing in this movie, although some teens may be interested. Parents should be aware that this slasher flick is filled with graphic sex, violence, and profanity.
- Sexual Content
- Glimpses of topless girls and rear male nudity that occurs in the context of a drug-influenced occult sex-and-death orgy. Some same-sex kissing and full frontal female nudity. We see a couple having sex.
- Chaotic, sometimes hallucinatory (but, unfortunately, all too clear) closeups of knives plunging into flesh, heads getting bashed in, flesh ripped with fingernails, and a man frying in an electric chair. A mental patient is graphically force-fed through a
- Frequent extreme profanity.
- Social Behavior
- Among the victims cruelly dispatched are a pair of camera-crazy Chinese tourists. There is a lot of hostility toward people who are different.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drug and alcohol abuse.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it