Bratz: BFF: Best Friends Forever
Teen besties Bratzi, Cloe, Sasha, Yasmin and Jade remain as tight (and chic) as ever in this collection of episodes from the popular animated series, which find the gals helping one pal build confidence while urging another to be true to herself.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRGeneral Audience. Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Bratz: BFF: Best Friends ForeverClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Bratz: BFF: Best Friends Forever contains four stories from the Bratz TV show. The tales feature the Bratz girls in lots of makeup and sexy outfits with a huge focus on looking good. Despite an emphasis on friendship and being yourself, the positive messages are mostly undermined by the superficiality. There's also some mild name-calling, temper tantrums that involve shoving and throwing things, and a lot of instructions on how to look good and pick up boys. Some parents also may be concerned about the movie's tie-in with a huge toy and accessory line.
- Lots of slapstick hitting, shoving, and throwing things in anger.
- Some mild name-calling.
- Social Behavior
- Friendship and authenticity emphasized but undermined by focus on fashion, beating the competition, and hypersexualized makeup and outfits.
- The show is tied to a line of dolls and products.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- No real drinking, but drinks such as milk and smoothies are styled to look like alcoholic beverages.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it