Doubles tennis player Jimmy Price's poor on- and off-court behavior has cost him his partner, along with his spot on the professional circuit. In a last grab at glory, Jimmy persuades his estranged brother to team with him for a major tournament.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jay Karas
- This movie is
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
English SDH, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Break Point is a thoughtful comedy masquerading as a rough-around-the-edges romp with a mouthy athlete as one of its main characters. Expect some salty language (including "f--k" and "s--t") and drinking (one character likes his beer a little too much, even when he's training), as well as punches being thrown and some innuendo/sexual references -- as well as kissing and a character who strips online for money (nothing graphic is shown). Underlying everything is a message about second chances and forgiving others -- especially family.
- Sexual Content
- One character strips online for paying customers (though she's not shown doing so, just wearing a cleavage-revealing top). Some kissing and innuendo.
- Two men tussle after a tennis match, punching each other. A man belittles his tennis partners (among many other rude behaviors), and some retaliate with passive-aggression.
- One character is coarse and curses, sometimes in front of children; he and others use words like "damn," "a--hole," "s--t" and "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Everyone deserves a second chance, even a brother who betrayed you (but didn't truly understand it at the time). Also, second-guessing yourself is the surest way to ensure defeat.
- Primarily tennis-related brands like Head and Penn, and, in one scene, the Kia Sorrento.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One adult character drinks often, throughout the day.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it