Breaking and Entering
When his London office is burglarized by a young Muslim thief, an affluent architect is forced to rethink his priorities and re-evaluate his life, weighing the difference between emotional and physical robbery.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Anthony Minghella
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Breaking and EnteringClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that most kids probably won't be interested in this mature drama, which deals with complex issues and relationships. There's a central adulterous liaison and scenes with nudity, foreplay, and suggested sexual activity. Several scenes with a prostitute include partial nudity and strong sexuality. There's some swearing, drinking, and smoking, though none to excess.
- Sexual Content
- Playful sexuality suggested between long-time live-in lovers; prostitute uses partial nudity (breasts) and sexual posing to provoke hero; suggested oral sex, foreplay, and partial nudity (breast) during several adulterous sexual scenes, including lovers in bath and in bed; a computer screen with dozens of small photographs of Will's and Amira's bodies flashes for approximately one second (Will's buttocks can be seen in at least one of the photos, nothing else is identifiable).
- No overt violence. Teen boys are chased and captured by police.
- "F--k" is used a few times to show disgust or frustration. One reference to "penis."
- Social Behavior
- Characters pay a price for their bad behavior; parenting models are excellent; recent immigrants' difficulty in assimilating into a new culture is dramatized thoughtfully and with respect for differences; featured misbehaving teen must face the consequences for his criminal activity and learns a lesson; autistic girl is treated with dignity and understanding; interpersonal relationships between races are positive, with disdain shown for intolerance; one police role model is depicted as compassionate and caring, a second is authoritarian and cynical (though not brutal).
- Only prominent product display is Mac computers.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some social drinking and smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it