Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
This sequel to the hit movie Bridget Jones's Diary begins four weeks after the final events of the first film, with the formerly single Bridget Jones (Renee Zellweger) discovering that life with her new beau, Mark Darcy (Colin Firth), isn't everything it's cracked up to be. Jacinda Barrett co-stars as a beautiful attorney who makes Bridget nervous, with Hugh Grant reprising his role as selfish cad Daniel Cleaver.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Beeban Kidron
- This movie is
- 2005 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.40:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; deleted scenes; director's commentary; cast and crew interview.
Bridget Jones: The Edge of ReasonClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has explicit sexual references and situations including prostitution and a pregnancy scare, very strong language, a great deal of drinking and smoking, hallucinogenic mushrooms, a character who is a drug dealer, and a lot of very irresponsible behavior handled in a light-hearted fashion with not much by way of consequences. There is some comic violence.
- Sexual Content
- Explicit sexual references and situations.
- Comic fighting.
- Very strong language.
- Social Behavior
- A lot of very irresponsible behavior handled in a light-hearted fashion.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, smoking, "magic mushrooms," character is a drug smuggler.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it