Naïve young rodeo rider Bo (Don Murray) falls in love with Phoenix-based café singer Cherie (Marilyn Monroe), whom he meets on a bus. His intentions are honorable, but his temper and jealous streak are too much for her. When she tries to run away, Bo finds her and forces her to board the bus to his Montana home. When the bus stops at Grace's Diner, their fellow passengers learn that the road ahead is blocked and that Cherie is being kidnapped.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Joshua Logan
- 1957 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Top 100 Laughs nominee
- 1957 Academy Award®
- Best Supporting Actor nominee: Don Murray
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 4.0, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; region 1 encoding; scene access; interactive menus; trailer; lobby cards; restoration comparison.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it