This comedy classic follows the travails of young caddy Danny Noonan as he gets tangled in high jinks involving the eclectic and ridiculous members of Bushwood Country Club. Meanwhile, assistant groundskeeper Carl Spackler battles a pesky gopher.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Harold Ramis
- DVD and Blu-ray
- Top 100 Laughs
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; "Caddyshack: The Inside Story": A Comprehensive feature-length 30th Anniversary documentary with the movie's cast and creators; additional featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film requires a mature viewer. Younger audiences will not understand some of the sexual references. Most are blatant, including graphic sex scenes and female nudity. Many characters use profane language. The film features several offensive jokes, one that targets African-Americans and others that use derogatory names for women. Although young teens will enjoy the "edginess" of the film, much of the humor may go over their heads.
- Sexual Content
- References to masturbation; female nudity, graphic sex scenes.
- Some mild fistfights; an uncle attempts to club a young man caught sleeping with his niece. Carl uses explosives to kill a stuffed gopher.
- Very strong language and sexually explicit language.
- Social Behavior
- Characters are unfaithful to spouses/girlfriends, sexually promiscuous, racist, obnoxious, lewd, and greedy.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Marijuana references; scenes of teenagers smoking joint. Carl is chronically drunk or stoned.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it