Faced with the prospect of attending boring summer camps, Mud and his friends convince an unemployed drama teacher to pretend he's holding a camp they're going to attend. Meanwhile, the kids will be free to run amok with no rules.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Christopher Lloyd, John Putch, Peter Scolari, Romy Windsor, Jonathan Jackson, Joshua Gibran Mayweather, Andrew Keegan, Devin Oatway, Kellen McLaughlin, Brian Wagner, Marne Patterson, Melody Kay, M. Emmet Walsh, Ray Baker, Kate Mulgrew, Burgess Meredith, Allison Mack, Jessica Alba, Thomas F. Wilson, Wendy Makkena
- Jonathan Prince
- This movie is
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film shows boys bullying others both physically and verbally, a girl is harassed by her mother for being overweight, kids lie to their parents, and there are many scenes of sexually suggestive behavior. The film does tackle important topics that are relatable to burgeoning adolescents about physical changes in the body and relationships with parents and peers.
- Sexual Content
- Scenes of scantily clad girls. Boys and girls kiss. One shot of boy's suitcase packed with sexually explicit magazines and discussions of nudity.
- Schoolyard threats of "flushing head in toilet." Parent threatens to hurt son if he doesn't answer phone. Mock war scene.
- Degradation of peers. Examples include: "Yo, Turd," "Sniff my butt, toe-breath."
- Social Behavior
- Parents are depicted as self-involved. Main adult character irresponsibly provides camp space for junior high aged kids to stay. Unclear whether he buys beer for kids or not.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Underage boy trying to buy beer.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it