Care Bears: Share Bear Shines
In far-away Glitter City lives Princess Starglo, who teaches little Twinklets how to grow into dazzling stars. When her power begins to fade, and stars vanish from the night sky, Share Bear and his new Twinklet buddy Gleamer come to her rescue.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Davis Doi
- This movie is
TV-YAll Children. This program is designed to be appropriate for all children.
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; "Unlock the Shine" interactive game.
Care Bears: Share Bear ShinesClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this animated space adventure for preschoolers focuses very heavily on the concept of faith. While there's no overt religious content, the storyline could easily be interpreted as a religious lesson: Share Bear staunchly believes in the existence of Princess Starglo (an otherworldy force with powers over the sun and stars), even when the other Care Bears don't feel the same -- though her unwavering stance convinces the others to join in her cause. Overall, the values of teamwork, friendship, and, especially, belief, are stressed throughout.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Oopsy falls from the sky while picking bumbleberries. Grumpy gets struck by lightning and thrown out of a spaceship. Grumpy also gets struck with a lightning bolt in his rear.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Positive messages about characters working together to solve problems. Share Bear maintains her beliefs even when the others doubt her faith in them; the necessity of belief is upheld through songs and characters' actions.
- The Care Bears are part of a large toy/marketing franchise, and this movie serves in part as an extended commercial for Care Bear products.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it