Care Bears: The Giving Festival
The Care Power Team organizes a Giving Festival in this CGI-animated Care Bears movie. Princess Starglo is planning to attend the celebration, but she gets trapped in fierce weather, so the cuddly and lovable Care Power Team sets out to rescue her.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
TV-GGeneral Audience. Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; interactive giving game; bonus episode; trailer gallery.
Care Bears: The Giving FestivalClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this "seasonal" story attempts to capitalize on the holidays and yet avoid identification with a specific holiday or religious celebration. Aimed at little kids, the Care Bears teach simple lessons that are relevant -¿ about sharing, helpfulness, teamwork, fears, jealousy. There are a number of cartoon action scenes, all of which resolve quickly and harmlessly, but might be scary for very young kids who don't yet grasp the idea of make-believe.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Lots of standard cartoon action and mild suspense; no injuries. The Care Bears are captured by a villainous, mustache-twirling little bear, hauled away from their home against their will; go on some scary amusement park rides (an out-of-control Ferris-wheel and a roller coaster); get trapped in a cave; and fight off a bear who controls the weather and subjects them to tumbling through raging wind and storms.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Jam-packed with clear, positive messages. It's good to be helpful, even to those who may have wronged us; it's simply the right thing to do. Caring and sharing enrich life. Sympathetic friends can help someone overcome fear.
- The Care Bear franchise includes dozens of toys, books, DVDs and tie-in products.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it